From: Wolfgang Liebich <Wolfgang.Liebich@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Troubles with GTK programs - not usable from remote system
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:15:10
1 Hi,
2 I have a gentoo linux system which I often use from remote. I also have
3 a SPARC SUN Workstation running Solaris 8 which I use as an
4 "X-Terminal". I log in to my linux box via ssh (X-Forwarding on), start
5 evolution and get:
6 $evolution --sync
7 adding hook target 'source'
8
9 (evolution:9548): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_hide: assertion
10 `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
11 The program 'evolution' received an X Window System error.
12 This probably reflects a bug in the program.
13 The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
14 (Details: serial 3210 error_code 8 request_code 72 minor_code 0)
15 (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
16 that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
17 To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
18 option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
19 backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
20
21 Now I don't have the time to debug evolution (or gnumeric - same
22 problem) - has anyone else noticed that problem?
23 Ciao,
24 Wolfgang
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list