From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fooling portage a bit
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 02:43:24
1 On Saturday 10 March 2007 03:06:37 John covici wrote:
2 > OK, I have a couple of problems with what is considered a dependency
3 > -- I don't want gnopernicus, but its a dependency of gnome-base -- any
4 > way to fool portage that I have such a thing when I don't?
5
6 Why don't you just disable the accessibility use flag if you don't want it?
7
8 > Another one is mozilla-firefox I want to use the 3.0 nightly build compiled
9 > from source, can I fool portage into thinking I have mozilla-2.0 or
10 > whatever when I don't have such a beast?
11
12 You *can* use package.provided (see `man portage`) but I doubt that epiphany
13 and yelp will work with it... Personally I'd probably create an ebuild if I
14 really wanted firefox 3 now (which I don't).
17 Bo Andresen