From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cleaning disfiles
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:01:01
1 On Tuesday 24 March 2009 23:37:50 laurent wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I need to clean disfiles or move it to /home/var/ftp/disfiles.
5 >
6 > For first is there a tool to emerge that will manage the distfiles.
7
8 eclean - part of app-portage/gentoolkit
9
10 > If not I was thinking copy to my home folder and symlink
11 > /var/ftp/distfiles to it.
12 >
13 > Is the second safe with just a symlink or should I change a PATH somewhere?
14
15 Change DISTDIR in /etc/make.conf to point to the new location
16
17 But this is not a good idea, as distfiles will be owned by root or portage and
18 it's in your home directory owned by you.
19
20 Rather leave distfiles where it is, and create a symlink in ~ that points to
21 distfiles. I can't imagine how your scheme would benefit you in any way.
22
23 > I should do both solution.
24 >
25 > thank you