From: victor romanchuk <rom@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xen virtual devices not working -> no guests
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 15:27:26
1 hi
2
3 Konstantinos Agouros wrote, at 02/05/2012 01:50 PM:
4 > and I checked that they are loaded. The real strange thing is, that I have an
5 > identical .config (regarding the xen stuff) on a 2nd box and all is fine. So I
6 > need to debug the hotplug scripts somehow to see what is going wrong. I tried
7 > to pass pci hardware (network intercaces) to the guest under 3.2 _this_ is
8 > working.
9
10 the only place i'm seeing details about backend drivers activity is standard
11 syslog output (/var/log/messages). i guess the domU creation at dom0 side goes
12 as follows:
13
14 * xm/xend (or xl/libxl - i did not migrate to one yet) queries xenstore for
15 resources the domU is being assigned with
16 * if xenstore succeeds with the inquiry it marks the resource as allocated and
17 posts subsequent inquiry to dom0 kernel as a holder of all backend xen resources
18 * the kernel performs particular resource initialization and generates an
19 appropriate event
20 * the event is handled by udev (/etc/udev/rules.d/xen-backend.rules)
21 * udev processes a matching rule and calls userspace script (vif-setup for
22 network backends and vscsi for block backends) attaching the resource to the
23 domU being started. i believe all possible debugging should deal with these
24 scripts
25
26 my second guess is that real hardware passthrough works indentically
27
28 i just uploaded everything related to a pure pv domU creation:
29 http://pastebin.com/5m7C3QkX - it might be helpful to find the difference in
30 your configuration
31
32 victor