From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [getting on-topic I think] dial-up, switching isp's and other thoughts.
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 02:07:54
1 John J. Foster wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 02:32:54AM -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> For me, I have the following biggies:
5 >>
6 >> Inbox: ~660
7 >> Gentoo-dev: ~13,000
8 >> Gentoo-user: ~27,000
9 >> Kde-linux list: ~3,000
10 >> LVM: ~2,200
13 > Hey Dale - just out of curiosity, why do you store mailing lists when
14 > they're all available online?
15 >
16 > festus
19 Because if something breaks and I can't get online, I can at least
20 search them locally. I have had trouble getting online because of a
21 upgrade before. Sort of fun when that happens.
22
23 That said, I'm part pack rat. I try to save anything that has some
24 value left to it. I do throw away junk tho. Spam hits the road after a
25 few days, after I report it of course.
26
27 Dale
28