From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE menu missing
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:03:24
1 090608 Mick wrote:
2 > I noticed 'konqueror' works fine, so I changed the FB menu accordingly.
3 > Apwal looks cool, I will give it a spin,
4 > though I am conditioned to years of using the FB right-click menu.
5
6 I have L-mouse = Apwal & R-mouse = FB menu : in ~/.fluxbox/init :
7
8 OnDesktop Mouse1 :Exec apwal
9 OnDesktop Mouse2 :HideMenus
10 OnDesktop Mouse3 :RootMenu
11
12 > The problem remains with most menus and submenus in KDE applications:
13 > e.g. right-click on a file in Konqueror, then 'Open With'
14 > and there are no applications in the popup to select from .
15
16 Yes, that reminds me that there was also a problem with Krusader,
17 which no longer knows what to open files with,
18 even after it is told to 'remember' the desired app.
19
20 I also updated to kdebase-kioslaves-3.5.10-r1 ,
21 which mb the cause of both problems.
22 We should try recompiling Konqueror & Krusader to see if that helps.
23
24 > Any KDE gurus out there ?
25
26 They're all too busy looking at their reflections in Plasma (smile).
30 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
31 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
32 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca