From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Time for hardware upgrade(s)
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 20:00:27
1 >> Is Nvidia still the way to go instead of ATI?  I use the nouveau
2 >> drivers with my onboard Nvidia chipset now and they've been fine for
3 >> the most part.  I use a threaded ffmpeg to decode HD video instead of
4 >> VDPAU so I don't bother with nvidia-drivers.
5 >>
6 >> - Grant
7 >
8 > I don't have any experience with ATI but I still use Nvidia and their
9 > drivers.  I haven't had any problems as of yet.  I did have a video problem
10 > once but it was a kernel problem.  For me, I see no need in me getting a ATI
11 > card.  That's just me.
12 >
13 > Dale
14
15 I've just read that Nvidia no longer makes onboard video. Has anyone
16 else heard that?
17
18 Are server motherboard more reliable?
19
20 - Grant