From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 502 Bad Gateway when accessing gitweb.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 04:37:57
1 Hayley wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 > Since yesterday I've getting 502 Bad Gateway when trying to access
4 > gitweb.gentoo.org and was wondering if anyone else is having the same
5 > issue?
6 > The gentoo infra status page says that it should be up so I'm not sure
7 > what could be causing the problem but it's a 502 so I'm guessing it
8 > must be a server side issue?
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 > Hayley
17 I just read a message on -project I think that was about some upgrade
18 problems and some parts of infra not working correctly.  That could be
19 the problem you were seeing.  I think fixing the problem is still in
20 progress so may be a few days before everything is back up to 100%.
21 This is the message:
22
23 > Alec Warner wrote:
24 >> Hi,
25 >>
26 >> Many of you reported that various infra-owned services were not
27 >> functioning properly these past two days. We had some package
28 >> upgrades roll out that were bad, and a subset of services were
29 >> non-functional while we worked through the incident.
30 >>
31 >> (a) The upgrades did not appear to cause any data loss, but service
32 >> availability was reduced (500s / 502s for some HTTP services.)
33 >> (b) Some hosts may have had problems running some commands. E.g. I
34 >> know that 'grep' didn't work for a while. If you observed errors
35 >> related to missing 'GLIBC_2.33' symbols then this was likely related.
36 >> (c) Many replicated services (including infra-status) rely on gitweb
37 >> to take updates from git; and gitweb was not up, so they were unable
38 >> to receive updates.
39 >> (d) More impacted notes will follow in a postmortem that will come
40 >> later this week for this incident.
41 >>
42 >> Thanks to all of you who reported problems and apologies for the
43 >> service disruptions.
44 >>
45 >> -A
48 Hope that helps.  Should keep you from looking for the problem on your
49 end at least.
50
51 Dale
52