From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Network problem when rebooting Fedora qemu/kvm guest on Gentoo host
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 14:49:16
1 Hello,
2
3 I have some problem with some of my qemu/kvm guests running Fedora on a
4 Gentoo host where my Gentoo guests works without problem.
5
6 The problem that I have is that when I reboot (shutdown -r now) the
7 Fedora guest "loses" (ifconfig does not show a IP-address) their network
8 connections. The Gentoo guests reboots without problem.
9
10 All the guests have same HW-configuration, only Name/DiskImage/MAC-
11 addresses differ.
12
13 Here some technical details:
14 Host:
15 Distribution Gentoo
16 Kernel 4.9.95-gentoo
17 Qemu app-emulation/qemu-2.11.1-r2
18 USE="aio bzip2 caps curl fdt filecaps gnutls jpeg lzo ncurses nls
19 pin-upstream-blobs png sdl seccomp vhost-net vnc xattr"
20 QEMU_SOFTMMU_TARGETS="x86_64"
21 QEMU_USER_TARGETS="x86_64"
22 libvirt app-emulation/libvirt-4.3.0
23 USE="caps dbus libvirtd nls qemu udev"
24
25 Guest
26 Distribution Fedora 28
27 Kernel 4.16.15-300.fc28.x86_64
28 Networkmanager NetworkManager.x86_64 1:1.10.8-1.fc28
29
30 Any suggestions?
31 --
32 Dan Johansson
34 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!

0x17EB372A2FB894AD.asc application/pgp-keys
smime.p7s application/pkcs7-signature