From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Au revoir, gnome-3.8
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 02:25:27
1 On Tue, Aug 06 2013, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2
3 > that's only because gnome 3.8 hasn't been stabilized yet. as in, there
4 > are no plans in keeping gnome 2.x available after gnome 3.8
5 > stabilization.
6
7 Am I correct in believing that gnome-3.8 (whether in testing as now, or
8 stable later) requires init=systemd? I am converting an old ~amd64
9 machine to systemd for practice so that I can convert my main laptop
10 (also ~amd64) to systemd. The purpose of the conversions is to run
11 gnome-3.8 and higher. I have other machines running stable. Will I
12 need to convert them to systemd when gnome-3.8 becomes stable and if so
13 will the systemd wiki be expanded.
14
15 thanks,
16 allan