From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] beware ebay seller
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 02:40:09
1 On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 21:21:48 +0000
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
8 >
9 > > On Samstag, 1. März 2008, b.n. wrote:
10 > >> maxim wexler ha scritto:
11 >
12 > >> > This is such an obvious fraud it makes me wonder at
13 > >> > his 100% positive feedback.
14 > >> >
15 > >> > I've started a dispute with Paypal against him.
16 > >>
17 > >> That's why, I never buy hardware on eBay, and I discourage
18 > >> everyone to do it.
19 > >>
20 > >> Heck, I even had scams when buying CD-R.
21 > >
22 > > well, I buyed hardware over 40 times on ebay - and I was always a
23 > > very satisfied costumer. From mainboards, cpus to tapedrives and
24 > > libs, I always got the right stuff.
25 >
26 > Same here, I have bought a few PCs/laptops and various individual
27 > components and have not yet had a problem. However, I have only
28 > bought from HP-Compaq online auction shop on ebay.co.uk. They sell
29 > rebuilt, or end of line PCs, usually with upgraded components and one
30 > year's manufacturer's warranty. I have found that as long as you
31 > don't get carried away you can get a machine cheaper than any of the
32 > chains that sell them over here in the UK, even if they are 'On Sale'
33 > at these shops.
36 I don't buy on ebay much, although I bought my very first system there
37 (a pII xeon, oh I loved it). anyhow, there's pretty good buyer
38 protection in place now. your dispute should end well for you.
39 --
40 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list