From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] The old wine/harfbuzz/freetype circle ...
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 18:30:51
1 I've got stuck on this merry-go-round ...
2
3 I'm trying to emerge wine, and it's come up with this. It insisted on
4 adding abi_x86_32 or whatever it is to loads of things, but it's now
5 blowing up with this circular dependency. If I try and install one with
6 "use = -theother" it won't go ...
7
8 If I try --nodeps, the config blows up ...
9
10 Looking on the web, everybody seems to be recommending those approaches
11 but they're not working. It does say circular dependencies are hard to
12 fix. The only thing I haven't got at the moment is ~amd. Is that likely
13 to help?
14
15 Any advice please ...
16