From: Alessandro Selli <dhatarattha@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is magicfilterconfig?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:03:36
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Alessandro Selli wrote:
5 >> I installed magicfilter on a i386 machine because I was
6 >>confortable with it's use with LPRng under Debian. I knew it came
7 >>with a configuration tool, magicfilterconfig, but that tool is
8 >>missing in my installation (from sources). There does not seem to
9 >>be a separate package with it. So, where is it? If it's no
10 >>longer part of the magicfilter package, what can I use
11 >>(documentation?) to generate a working printcap file?
14 > You should really have esearch or eix installed (or at least use "emerge
15 > -S"):
16 >
17 > $ eix magicfilter
18 > * net-print/magicfilter
19 > Available versions: 1.2-r4 2.3a ~2.3d
20 > Installed: no
21 > Homepage: http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/magicfilter/
26 Thank you for your hint.
27
28 However, I realize the magicfilterconfig tool is Debian-specific,
29 since there is no trace of it in the official source code I just
30 downloaded from
31 http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/magicfilter/magicfilter-2.3.d.tar.gz
32
33 I wish Gentoo too had it!