From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11-7.0.0-r1: Can't load glx or via_drv module
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:51:52
1 Ralph K wrote:
2 > I recently installed xorg 7.0 on my system and I get the
3 > following errors when using 'startx' or 'Xorg -configure':
4 > Wth module glx -> 'undefined symbol' glCallList
5 > With module via_drv -> 'undefined symbol' drmCommandWrite
6
7 To get the newer via driver to load, I've had to add several Load
8 lines to the "Module" section in xorg.conf. Look in Xorg.0.log to
9 see which modules failed to load because of missing symbols and add
10 the modules that provide those symbols early in the Module section.
11
12 > Used 'nm -D' on libGLcore.so and libdrm.so and those symbols are
13 > defined in those libraries,
14
15 Which libdrm? From which package? (equery belongs)
16
17 > I have also compiled the kernel modules agpgart, via_agp, drm,
18 > via and have them loaded, (no problem there).
19
20 What processor? What chipset?
21
22 Benno