From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mythdvd on Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:43:21
1 On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:51:05 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I wonder if anyone can share how to use the mythdvd module on Gentoo?
4 > I've always emerged mythtv with the dvd flag but the mythdvd module
5 > isn't emerged. It's not a problem for me to emerge it separately but
6 > I'm wondering whether it needs to be emerged on only the backend or on
7 > every frontend or all machines?
8
9 From 0.21 MythDVD is part of the core MythTV package, so the mythdvd-0.21
10 ebuild installs nothing, just gives you a message to this effect.
11
12 > Once emerged does it just show up as another media option on the
13 > frontend?
14
15 MythDVD runs on the frontend, you should have a CD/DVD item in the main
16 menu, with options to Play DVD and Import DVD.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?