From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] interconnecting speeds
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:02:38
1 Hi Paul,
2 on Tuesday, 2006-07-25 at 10:45:31, you wrote:
3 > My gentoo box is set ok using ethtool. How do I check the setting on the
4 > windows xp box?
5
6 If the connection has a tray icon, double-clicking that should bring up
7 an info dialog that has the link speed somewhere. Otherwise you'll have
8 to click you way through control panel->network->blah, I don't know
9 exactly...Windoze config is a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
10 Another thing: check the Linux side with ifconfig, it gives some
11 statistics on errors, dropped packets and overruns next to RX and TX
12 packet counts. Those should be zero, or at most pretty small numbers. If
13 they are not, your cables and/or switch are flaky.
14
15 HTH
16 Matthias
17 --
18 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
19 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665