From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Migrating hard drives
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:18:42
1 Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> I have another question, is the star command on the CD? If it is not,
6 >> then the point of using star is mute. I know I boot from the Gentoo CD,
7 >> mount my partitions and then copy it over. If the command is not on the
8 >> CD, then what? None of this matters anyway.
11 > If it is not on the CD, you should complain to the creators of the CD.
12 >
13 > Jörg
17 Thing is, what is on the CD works for me. I been using cp for a long
18 time and unless it stops working, I don't plan to switch. My current
19 mouse trap catches my mice so why get a new mouse trap and have to learn
20 how to use the new one? I hate when they snap my fingers too. lol It
21 feels better when it stops hurting tho. :/
22
23 According to other posts, you wrote the program. Why not talk to the
24 people that make the CD and make your points on why it should be
25 included? If they are valid then maybe they will. If not, life goes on.
26
27 Dale
28