From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's with this hald thing and why can't I rip CDs any more?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:17:11
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:41:16 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >> Things here are still basically a disaster. I rebooted. No change.
6 >> sound-juicer still only rips the 1st six tracks and then skips the
7 >> last seven. Pretty much the same on every CD I've tried so far. No
8 >> messages in dmesg.
11 > Have you tried a different ripper? This could be a problem with
12 > sound-juicer, not hal/dbus.
17 I'm not to familiar with sound-juicer myself, I use K3b to do my CD
18 stuff. Like Neil said, you may want to try a different program or maybe
19 a different version.
20
21 Ivman is not required but I did have a problem with it once and had to
22 recompile it so it would play well with others.
23
24 You may want to post the relevant parts of messages and/or dmesg and see
25 if Neil notices something out of whack.
26
27 Dale
28