From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kde 4.11.2, akonadi & Kmail2 problems (retrieving folder contents please wait)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:28:20
1 Hi there,
2
3 On Monday I upgraded from kde-4.10.5 to kde-4.11.2 (the latest release marked
4 as 'amd64' on gentoo), but I had serious problems with kmail2:
5
6 * I could not open any of my mail, kmail is always showing "Retrieving folder
7 contents please wait". Didn't show up after more than one hour.
8
9 * some akonadi process, kontact and mysqld kept more than two CPUS permanently
10 busy.
11
12 Consequently, I haven't been able to read my mail :-(
13
14 I tried:
15 * Restarting the akonadi resource for my local mailbox. No effekt.
16 * Re-creating the databases by moving ~.local/share/akonadi to akonadi.orig
17 Akonadi recreated its database successfully, but at the end the same result.
18 * Akonadi-console: The debugger shows so many entries per second that I could
19 barely read them. Frequent hangs for a couple of minutes (thought it died, so
20 I killed it, but then I saw it just had a very large timeout)
21
22 Then I had to restore 4.10.5 from the backup.
23
24 Now, some of my mail folders got messed up (Mails moved into wrong folders)
25 Filters are messed up (rules to move to specific folders suddenyl point to
26 different folders -- that explains the mails in wrong folders ... )
27
28 Is there a way to re-initialize akonadi without risking to lose data and
29 without having to recreate each and every rule I made?
30
31 Best regards
32 Alex