From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Which pkg installs /boot/grub?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 13:27:12
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Sunday 23 Jul 2017 14:55:29 Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> Rasmus Thomsen <Rasmus.thomsen@××××××××××.com> writes:
5 >> > Hello,
6 >> >
7 >> > grub creates /boot/grub when you run "grub-install"
8 >> >
9 >> > Regards,
10 >> > Rasmus
11 >> >
12 >> > -------- Original Message --------
13 >>
14 >> > On 23 Jul 2017, 20:46, Harry Putnam wrote:
15 >> [...]
16 >>
17 >> I guess I should know that... but in other installs I could swear
18 >> /boot/grub was already there when I got around to running
19 >> `grub-install'
20 >>
21 >> Err `senior moment' perhaps?
24 > I'm sure most of us been there, or worse. Another idea, the directory may
25 > have been installed when you had the partition mounted and now it is for some
26 > reason unmounted?
27
28 I'd like to buy into that explanation.... and have done that once or
29 more. But on this particular install I was pretty careful about
30 making sure boot was mounted... and mounted from within chroot too.
31
32 No, I think the `Senior Moment' excuse is more forgiving .. hehe.