From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recover on SSD
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 15:19:30
1 On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Randolph Maaßen <r.maassen60@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm so damn lucky
3 >
4 > I dd'ed the SSD onto an external drive and worked at first on the image with
5 > qemu. A simple recreation of the partition brought the system back to live
6 > on the image. I tried the same on the real machine and Gentoo works again.
7
8 Wow, congratulations.
9
10 In the old days when I first started using Linux, I used to keep a
11 backup of my boot sector and partition table on a floppy disk. Maybe I
12 should consider this practice again as part of my backup routine. :)