From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hp H222 SAS controller
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 22:43:26
1 On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >
3 > Does anyone use that controller with gentoo?
4 >
5 > If yes, which driver/module does support it?
6 >
7 > I ordered one for a server and did not really check the facts ;-)
8
9 Looks like it uses the LSI SAS2008 chipset (basically LSI controller
10 with HP branding), so you should enable kernel module mpt2sas
11 (CONFIG_SCSI_MPT2SAS) and probably some other SAS-related options will
12 be required as well if you don't already use them.
13
14 I actually just installed a card with this same chipset in my Gentoo
15 machine yesterday! I have not attached disks to it yet, as I am
16 waiting for the enclosure to be delivered, but so far nothing froze or
17 burst into flames when the module loaded. :) I even upgraded the BIOS
18 and firmware on the card from within linux and everything seems okay,
19 so far.