From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Migrating Users - BEST way
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 03:01:06
1 I would like to know what would be the best or most proper method for
2 migrating a user database from flat files /etc/passwd etc on a Redhat
3 System to a newly set up'ed gentoo box.
4
5 Do I just copy and paste the relevent details into the Gentoo Box,
6 (which most likely will work after I take into account the uid starts
7 difference (1000 on gentoo and 500 on redhat).
8
9 Then there's also the smbpasswd file.
10
11 What would be the best way to do this?
14 Ow Mun Heng
15 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
16 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
17 Neuromancer 10:49:44 up 4 days, 17:57, 9 users, load average: 0.49,
18 0.47, 0.47
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list