From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid!
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:05:27
On 4/27/2011 8:16 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> Hi, Gentoo. > > I got the error message > > gcc-config: error: could not run/locate 'x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc' > > whilst trying to emerge something. Running gcc-config myself > # gcc-config -l, I get back this error message: > > * gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid! > [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.4.5 > > . 4.4.5 is indeed the version of my gcc package. This got updated very > recently. > > What is a "gcc profile"? Where can I find it, and what do I need to do > to make it valid?
Your gcc profile is a set of gcc specs and symlinks to a specific gcc version, since you can have more than one. The error just means gcc-config didn't get run properly before uninstalling your previous version of gcc. Run gcc-config to set your profile to the one you have listed: # gcc-config 1 You will get the error every time you run gcc-config until you set a valid profile; after that it should go away and builds should work again. --Mike