From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid!
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:05:27
1 On 4/27/2011 8:16 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hi, Gentoo.
3 >
4 > I got the error message
5 >
6 > gcc-config: error: could not run/locate 'x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc'
7 >
8 > whilst trying to emerge something. Running gcc-config myself
9 > # gcc-config -l, I get back this error message:
10 >
11 > * gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid!
12 > [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.4.5
13 >
14 > . 4.4.5 is indeed the version of my gcc package. This got updated very
15 > recently.
16 >
17 > What is a "gcc profile"? Where can I find it, and what do I need to do
18 > to make it valid?
19
20 Your gcc profile is a set of gcc specs and symlinks to a specific gcc
21 version, since you can have more than one. The error just means
22 gcc-config didn't get run properly before uninstalling your previous
23 version of gcc.
24
25 Run gcc-config to set your profile to the one you have listed:
26
27 # gcc-config 1
28
29 You will get the error every time you run gcc-config until you set a
30 valid profile; after that it should go away and builds should work again.
31
32 --Mike