From: Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Dennis Ritchie
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 17:12:53
1 Am Sat, 15 Oct 2011 17:47:07 +0300
2 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>:
3
4 > On 10/15/2011 03:26 PM, Matt Harrison wrote:
5 > > On 15/10/2011 12:33, luis jure wrote:
6 > >
7 > > I have spent the last few hours trying to explain his work to the
8 > > folks here who were so saddened by Steve Jobs passing. While it is
9 > > very sad on both counts, I am getting annoyed by the opinion that
10 > > "Richie might have helped popularise C, but SJ invented the
11 > > iPhone...which is 10x more useful".
12 >
13 > If you're not insanely rich, nobody cares if you die. It's not about
14 > how much you contributed to human society. It's about how much money
15 > you made.
16
17 i don't think its about money, but about popularity. everybody knows
18 who steve jobs is, thats why his death makes front page.
19 average joe doesn't know ritchie and doesn't care about C.