From: "Björn Fischer" <bf@×××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] need help with amdgpu driver
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 14:05:59
1 Hi Klaus,
2
3 > CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="amd-ucode/microcode_amd_fam19h.bin
4 > amdgpu/psp_13_0_5_toc.bin"
5 > CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE_DIR="/lib/firmware"
6 [...]
7 > What firmware blobs of linux-firmware has to be installed  to support
8 > the gpu of a  ryzen-7900X?
9 > CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE=?
10 >
11 > I do not use initrd nor initramfs and all neccessary drivers
12 > are not installed as modules but compiled into the kernel.
13
14 like you, I also use amdgpu hardcompiled into the kernel. It seems to be
15 safe to include _all_ blobs in /lib/firmware/amdgpu. Then you can boot
16 that kernel and check which blobs are actually necessary just by
17 grepping though dmesg. Then you can boil down CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE to
18 that set.
19
20 This worked with several different AMD GPUs, RX 7900 included, but I
21 never tried an integrated GPU/APU.
22
23 Cheers
24 Björn