From: Mike Diehl <mdiehl@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Webcam recommendation
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 04:52:29
1 On Saturday 26 January 2008 09:28:23 pm forgottenwizard wrote:
2 > On 16:13 Sat 26 Jan , Mike Diehl wrote:
3 > > Hi all.
4 > >
5 > > I'm looking for an inexpensive USB webcam that works with both Linux and
6 > > Windoze. Something that I can pick up at Walmart or Circuit City would
7 > > be best.
8 > >
9 > > Any recommendations?
10 > >
11 > > TIA,
12 > > --
13 > > Mike Diehl
14 > > --
15 > > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
16 >
17 > I think the Logitech Quickcam is the general answer to that question. I
18 > think the cheap one is around 30-40US, though.
19
20 Yup, works like a champ. Had to go get the driver, but once I did, it just
21 stood up. And it doesn't look TOO bad, either. It's not TV quality, but it
22 is good enough.
23
24 Thanx,
27 Mike Diehl