From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 3D games on AMD64 + ati 1900
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:29:27
1 hello,
2
3 I have my amd64 running glxgears at just under 2000 fps.
4
5 However when I run bzflag, it crashes the X session.
6
7 I ran accross this web page:
8
9 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_AMD_64
10
11 Which suggest exporting is the key to get 3D games to work:
12
13 <snip>
14 Radeon 3D-acceleration in 32-bit programs
15
16 Getting 3D acceleration working with ATI Radeon requires proprietary drivers and
17 some 32-bit programs must be enabled with the correct GL-drivers setting.
18
19 Before you run your game, you should export the proper LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH
20 environment variable:
21
22 export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib32/modules/dri
23 <end/snip>
24
25 I have the ati-drivers-8.32.5 installed, but not this 'modules/dri'
26 dir under /usr/X11R6/lib32/. Could this be the reason BZflag croakes
27 immediate upon startup?
30 Any suggestions or info is most welcome.
33 James
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list