From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qt3 deprecated, but Qt4 still not x86 (only ~x86)???
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:15:26
1 On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Upgrading from 0.21 to 0.22 was painless AFAIR. I made a backup of the
3 > database but didn't need. You do need to upgrade all backends and
4 > frontends at the same time, but then it's just a matter of restarting
5 > them and you're OK. I did "emerge --onlydeps mythtv && emerge -B mythtv"
6 > first so that I could then run emerge -k mythtv on the server to minimise
7 > the time it was down.
8
9 It can be painless, but you could also run into the "corrupt database
10 encoding" problem on Gentoo. I did, and had to follow the steps at
11 http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Fixing_Corrupt_Database_Encoding to fix a
12 "partial corruption" before the upgrade would succeed.
13
14 However, I'm quite happy with the behavior and performance of 0.22, so
15 it was definitely worth the pain.
16 --
17 Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
18 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
19 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft