From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Active Directory Based Authentication?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 22:32:23
1 On 11 May 2012, at 04:36, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I just want to know, what is your recommendation(s) to implement Active Directory authentication on Gentoo?
4 >
5 > I want to use AD not only for logins, but also for running daemons/services.
6 >
7 > *Ideally*, it would also allow me to manage my boxen using GPO, but I can live without that.
10 Not sure about Active Directory, but I have used Samba's winbind to authenticate Windows domain users on a Linux box.
11
12 It was remarkably easy and basically boiled down to adding a couple of lines to the service's /etc/pam.d file; when a user logged in for the first time a ~ would be created for them on the Linux box.
13
14 Stroller.