From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any UPS recommendations?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 19:17:39
1 On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 07:47:13AM -0800, Daniel Frey wrote
2 > On 01/08/2013 11:24 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
3 > > Thanks to you, and others, for all the info. And thanks for the
4 > > apcupsd ebuild. BTW, what does mailx do in the ebuild? Send an email
5 > > about an outage?
8 > Yes, it sends email notifications. I currently have ssmtp set up to send
9 > mail to my gmail account - when apcupsd detects a power outage/restore,
10 > it sends me email indicating so.
11
12 Did you tweak the virtual/mailx ebuild to include ssmtp? apcupsd
13 pulls in virtual/mailx which has...
14
15 RDEPEND="|| ( mail-client/mailx
16 mail-client/nail
17 net-mail/mailutils )"
18
19 I already use ssmtp as my mail client (check the headers). But it
20 looks like it'll pull in mailx. I've confirmed that with...
21
22 emerge -pv apcupsd
25 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
26 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications