From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dmraid, mdraid, lvm, btrfs, what?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 04:12:20
1 I've got four 750GB drives in addition to the installed system drive.
2
3 I'd like to aggregate them and split them into a few volumes. My first
4 inclination would be to raid them and drop lvm on top. I know lvm well
5 enough, but I don't remember md that well.
6
7 Since I don't recall md well, and this isn't urgent, I figure I can look at
8 the options.
9
10 The obvious ones appear tobe mdraid, dmraid and btrfs. I'm not sure I'm
11 interested in btrfs until it's got a fsck that will repair errors, but I'm
12 looking forward to it once it's ready.
13
14 Any options I missed? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
15
16 ZZ