From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Separate /usr [was: Clock is way off]
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 18:25:29
1 On Wed, 09 May 2007 19:53:08 +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2
3 > > You are not supposed to link it any more, because that will break
4 > > if /usr has not yet been mounted.
5 >
6 > Are there (still) people who have /usr on a separate partition?
7 > And if so, why?
8
9 I do, because everything but / and /boot is on LVM.
10
11 Even if you don't have a separate /usr, the current method is far easier
12 to maintain because your timezone is set in one of the standard
13 configuration files rather than a symlink somewhere else.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 "I am Homer of the Borg. You will be assim.... Hmm... Donuts..."