From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DST didn't happen: quickinstall doc is wrong...
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:15:13
1 On most of my Gentoo systems, the DST change didn't happen.
2
3 Apparently I screwed up by following the instructions in
4 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml where
5 it says:
6
7 Set your timezone
8
9 Set your time zone information by copying the correct file from
10 /usr/share/zoneinfo over the /etc/localtime file.
11
12 Code Listing 2.17: Copy your timezone file
13
14 (Using Brussels as an example)
15 livecd / # cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Brussels /etc/localtime
16 livecd / # date
17 Wed Mar 8 00:46:05 CET 2006
18
19 Copying the file seems like the wrong thing to do?
20
21 Shouldn't you symlink /etc/localtime to the the appropriate
22 file in /usr/share/zoneinfo? That way when the zoneinfo files
23 get udpated (as they all did), you'll use the new file?
26 Grant Edwards grante Yow! An INK-LING? Sure --
27 at TAKE one!! Did you BUY any
28 visi.com COMMUNIST UNIFORMS??
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list