From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo handbook
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 18:55:07
1 On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 15:46:58 +0000, Michael wrote:
2
3 > On Sunday, 15 November 2020 14:34:09 GMT Jude DaShiell wrote:
4 > > Totally blind people without technical support equipped with working
5 > > eyes do not have and never will have useable access to any mo bo
6 > > menu.
7 >
8 > Right, in this case the first step to set up the boot mode on a UEFI
9 > MoBo will require help by a non-blind person. Alternatively, someone
10 > with the same MoBo willing to help can record the number of various key
11 > strokes and provide a rubric to follow.
12 >
13 > Either way, booting in UEFI is thankfully not a necessity. Legacy BIOS
14 > works just as nice to be able to install and run Gentoo. I still run 3
15 > legacy BIOS systems here. :-)
16
17 In my experience, UEFI systems use UEFI boot by default. The problem with
18 installing Linux on them is usually the need to disable secure boot.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who can't.