From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] htop wants cgroups
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 16:26:47
1 Why?
2
3 emerging htop yields this message:
4 * CONFIG_CGROUPS: is not set when it should be.
5 * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
6 * Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
9 Gee, I can use top without cgroups support. I thought I might use htop
10 as well. Anyone knows why I _should_ use a kernel with cgroups
11 support? Just curious, not a big deal. I can do without htop if I
12 must.
13
14 (I'm not suggesting that cgroups doesn't have valid use cases. But a
15 graphic version of top? Really? Please help me to understand. I want
16 to do the _correct_ thing, and I wouldn't want my dog to die for lack
17 of cgroups support.)
18
19 thanks
20