From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache 2.4 - deny access to directory
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 14:19:05
1 On Monday, 30 November 2020 22:52:05 GMT thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Access based on IP address works from .htaccess with Files directive:
4 >
5 > <Files *>
6 > Require ip 10.0.0.109
7 > </Files>
8 >
9 > But it doesn't read AuthType Basic, it doesn't ask me for any password.
10 >
11 > AuthName "restricted stuff"
12 > AuthType Basic
13 > AuthUserFile "/etc/apache2/users"
14 > require user webmaster
15 >
16 > It seems to me Apache 2.4 is very limited what can, and can not go into
17 > .htaccess.
18
19 OK, probably Authentication takes precedence from Authorization on apache 2.4.
20
21 Since you prefer to use .htaccess rather than a central apache config, let's
22 check if this works in your /admin/.htaccess:
23
24 ===========================
25 AuthName "restricted stuff"
26 AuthType Basic
27 AuthUserFile "/etc/apache2/users"
28 <RequireAll>
29 Require ip 10.0.0.100
30 Require user webmaster
31 </RequireAll>
33
34 It should allow you to connect and then request username and passwd from IP
35 10.0.0.100, but return '403 Forbidden' for clients connecting from any other
36 IP address, without requesting authentication.