From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerging java with gcj
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:01:41
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > I've noticed that the gcj use flag is not enabled by default and
3 > therefore all java code is compiled to byte code instead of native
4 > binaries, am I correct?
5
6 gcj can compile java code directly to machine code, and I'm pretty sure
7 that the Sun compiler just compiles to byte code. I have no experience
8 with gcj though, so I can't answer your second question...
9
10 > I wonder how I can change that. Just re-emerge gcc with USE="gcj" and
11 > all packages containing java code? Is it even a good idea?
15 Randy Barlow
16 http://electronsweatshop.com
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list