From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB mass storage - WD My Book
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 23:53:12
1 You might also consider upgrading your kernel to 2.6.18.
2
3 I use BackupPC with an external USB HD. With the 2.6.17 the usb
4 subsystem would choke before a full backup would complete. By "choke"
5 I mean that 'ps' would show a 'D' state for all USB related processes.
6 Once the USB subsystem had choked, a command as simple as
7 'ls /mnt/usbhd' would result in another process hung in 'D' state.
8
9 I've upgraded to 2.6.18 and it's doing much better, though its USB
10 support is not yet totally solid.
11
12 HTH,
13