From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apple Partition Scheme - any way to mount it?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:34:34
1 Hi Nick,
2 Yes, that works from a data perspective but it's not acceptable for
3 realtime audio work.
4
5 Actually, I did manage to mount the drive on my AMD64 box this
6 evening. The drive is currently readable even if I used -o rw in the
7 mount command, but at least it mounted and could be read.
8
9 It turns out the *interesting* issue here was that you have to
10 forget everything you know about partitions. Someone in the 1394 area
11 clued me to look at /proc/partitions. When I did that I found the
12 partition I cared about, which was the 80GB partition on an 80GB drive
13 was not partition #1, but rather partittion #10. Sort of strange, but
14 the Apple partition map builds 9 partitions, all very small, in front
15 of the real data partition.
16
17 So, it's starting to work. There are some tricks to it but I think
18 I'll get there pretty soon.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Mark