From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ceph on gentoo?
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 01:47:47
1 On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 06:20:05PM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 15:22:26 +0100 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
5 > > Anyone here running ceph / http://ceph.com/ on gentoo?
6 > >
7 > > As server(s) or client or ... ?
8 > >
9 > > I am learning about this right now and currently on my way to a first
10 > > small test cluster. Very interesting possibilities !
11 >
12 > We used it about a year ago for our infrastructure (backup and
13 > live sync of HA systems), obviously both servers and clients were
14 > used, both on Gentoo. We stopped this because of numerous kernel
15 > panics, not to mention that it was quite slow even after tuning. So
16 > we switch to another solution for data sync and backups: clsync. (It
17 > was developed from scratch for our needs, this is not a filesystem,
18 > but may be considered as more powerful alternative to lsyncd.)
19 >
20 > Though this was a year ago or so. Your mileage may vary and
21 > it is likely that during this year stability was improved.
22 > Ceph is very promising by both design and capabilities.
23 >
24 > Best regards,
25 > Andrew Savchenko
26
27 Andrew,
28
29 Can you answer why my email client has HUNDREDS of the same reply from you in
30 this thread? I've never seen this behavior in my life.
31
32 Thanks