From: "claude angéloz" <claude.angeloz@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] EFI Boot Gentoo DVD-Live amd64 und HP-EFI-Bios
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:53:48
1 Hi,
2
3 If eyeverone has an experience with that.
4
5 I can boot in EFI Mode and install some other Linux distros on my
6 Hp8440p . And I will do the same for Gentoo, but until today I cannot do
7 that, or exactly only in legacy-boot. And this is perturbing my GPT
8 Partition Table...
9
10 I guess that actually it should not be a big problem. I tried with the
11 IA64 and the hp-efi-bios sees the elilo.efi , but it cannot boot this
12 kernel.. normal..
13
14 But with the amd64, i should be able to see the elilo.efi. The dvd or
15 mimnimalcd install cannot boot the gentoo.efimg Image. Or am I
16 false ?
17
18 What is missing in the DVD-Live or Minimal CD Install to boot correctly
19 in EFI Mode ?
20
21 The path /boot/efi/ is missing ... like one of the working other
22 distro...
23
24 Thank you very much..
25