From: Rod <Rod@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Snort compiling problems
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 22:34:23
1 On 08/25/2015 05:05 AM, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
2 > On Monday, August 24, 2015 5:33:34 PM Jeremi Piotrowski wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Rod <Rod@×××××××.au> wrote:
4 >>> USE="-* .......
5 >> I have not been following this thread but why do you have this setting?
6 > There may be some valid reasons for it, but if you don't know the implications
7 > or wont remember it when shit like this happens then it's really a bad idea.
8
9 At one stage (long, long ago) it was a recommended setting (if I
10 remember correctly)
11
12 >>> # grep snort /etc/portage/package.use
13 >>> net-analyser/snort active-response flexresp3 gre mpls
14 >> That's a typo in the category name, it's supposed to be: net-analyzer
15
16 Ahhh the stupid US/Oz spelling differences, looks right to spelling
17 checker, doesn't mean its right to work :P
18
19 # emerge -av snort
20
21 [ebuild R ~] net-analyzer/snort-2.9.7.5::gentoo USE="active-response
22 flexresp3 gre mpls non-ether-decoders normalizer perfprofiling ppm react
23 targetbased threads -control-socket -debug -file-inspect
24 -high-availability -inline-init-failopen -large-pcap-64bit
25 -linux-smp-stats -reload-error-restart (-selinux) -shared-rep
26 -side-channel -sourcefire -static" 0 KiB
27
28 Maybe that looks a bit better :/
29
30 I use ufed for "use-flag" modification
31
32 USE="-*"
33
34 Thats interesting, I don't believe it has always said "Never enable
35 any flags other than those specified in make.conf"
36
37 I'm sure the last time I read it was something vastly different, it
38 was enabling something, but yes, it was long ago....
41 ---
42
43 Regards,
44