From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config thingy, "make menuconfig"
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 15:10:46
1 On 15/1/22 10:47 pm, tastytea wrote:
2 > On 2022-01-15 22:38+0800 Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Dear all,
5 >> I'm in the process of fiddling around with the config of my
6 >> kernel. This means using the "menu config thingy" that "make
7 >> menuconfig" builds. It is very frustrating. Does anyone know why
8 >> stuff is not in alphabetical order? It's a pain in the clacka trying
9 >> to find some of the entries. For example "Device Drivers -> Android".
10 >> You would expect it to be near the top of the device drivers, but no,
11 >> it's near the bottom.
12 >>
13 >> No, I'm not expecting anyone to "fix" it, just basically a
14 >> whinge.
15 >>
16 >> Andrew
19 > Yeah, someone should clean that thing up… But I guess a lot of people
20 > would complain because they are used to the current structure. 😄
21 >
22 > Did you know you can search with / and then jump to the results with
23 > the number keys?
26 "number keys" - No, something to now investigate.
27
28 Thanks,
29 Andrew