From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nVidia & nouveau on nVidia 8600M GT
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 23:42:53
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 01:28 on Wednesday 26 January 2011, Alex
2 Schuster did opine thusly:
3
4 > Alan McKinnon writes:
5 > > Using nvidia.ko, KDE with desktop effects enabled (especially translucent
6 > > popup thumbnails on the task bar, and blur effect on) makes my notebook
7 > > fan run all the time and kwin uses 20% cpu according to top.
8 >
9 > Does the blur effect do anything? With my ATI card, I did not notice a
10 > change when enabling it, other than the CPU going really high.
11
12 Yes, it has a visible effect. It's subtle so you have to look closely but it's
13 there. The config popup for the effect has a slider for degree of effect but I
14 didn't see that change much, as if the range from min to max was not wide
15 enough
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com