From: Matt Connell <matt@×××××××.tech>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gio/pcmanfm sftp:// "operation not supported"
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 00:21:24
1 On Tue, 2022-10-25 at 21:31 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > Google led me to several pages where the problem was not having gvfs
3 > installed. I do have gvfs installed, but I suspect it's broken. I get
4 > the impression that
5 >
6 >     $ gio list sftp://<host>/<path>
7 >
8 > is supposed to work, but that too says "Operation not supported".
9
10 I don't use pcmanfm, but I do have gvfs installed. Trying to "gio list
11 sftp://host" returns "The specified location is not mounted", so at
12 least my behavior is different.
13
14 (Disclaimer, I may not know what I am doing with gio/gvfs; it is pulled
15 in by thunar and evince on my system.)
16
17 I have gvfs built with the following use flags enabled: cdda, elogind,
18 gnome-keyring, policykit, udev, udisks
19
20 Not sure if any of this is helpful to you or not, but maybe it will
21 provide a clue.