From: "mike@×××××××.us" <mike@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Switching to clocksource tsc: takes AGES on boot
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:19:00
1 On 02/15/2012 09:52 AM, LK wrote:
2 >> Are there any firmware-related messages in your dmesg?
3 > Oh yes: http://pastebin.com/b95y3GaH
4 > Look at the area from 1.576863 to 62.228490, includes the 60s
5 > freeze from switching to clocksource tsc.
6 >
7 > Does the problem lay in my AMD gpu (hd6xxx) ?
8
9 It is definitely a problem with the kernel configuration.
10
11 Can you send:
12
13 - Kernel .config
14 - Output of "tree /lib/firmware"
15
16 If that's too big to post to the list, put it up on gist or something
17 and just paste a link... We'll figure out what's going on and speed up
18 that boot time! :)
19
20 --- Mike
23 A man who reasons deliberately, manages it better after studying Logic
24 than he could before, if he is sincere about it and has common sense.
25 --- Carveth Read, “Logic”