From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chromium build failure
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 04:30:28
1 On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 10:11 PM, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 >
3 > I ran the build failed twice, each time with MAKEOPTS="--jobs=1" and the
4 > build logs are essentially identical. After about 12 hours compiling and
5 > 36MB of build.log, the error shown below occurs
6 >
7 > I have two laptops with *very* similar gentoo distributions. The newer
8 > machine had a successful build first try. The second older (4 years)
9 > machine had both failures. Each machine has profile
10 > default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/gnome/systemd
11
12 If the USE flags for chromium on both machines are the same, simply create
13 a binary package from the machine that already built it.
14
15 machine1:
16
17 $ quickpkg --include-config=y www-client/chromium
18
19 machine2
20
21 $ sync --delete -Pvase ssh machine1:/usr/portage/packages/
22 /usr/portage/packages/
23 $ emerge --nodeps -1Kv www-client/chromium
24
25 I have two powerful desktop computers (home and office) and a laptop. Their
26 USE flags are identical; I just compile in one of them and generate binary
27 packages for the other two. It helps (but it's not 100% required) if the
28 /usr/portage tree is identical (I sync only with one and rsync the others,
29 followed by emerge --metadata).
30
31 Regards.
32 --