From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems, with, 'hibernate, to, disk', two, nvidia, cards, installed
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 00:25:35
1 On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm not sure if this is related, but here it goes:
3 >
4 > Unllike you, I'm running a (single) ATI card in a laptop and have just
5 > compiled and installed the 3.1.6-gentoo kernel.
6 >
7 > Like you, when I tried to hibernate the screen but dark, but it never
8 > actually completes the hibernation.  Similarly with suspend to RAM I
9 > cannot recover from it and I have to power cycle it.
10 >
11 > I have not had such a problem with this laptop since I bought it two
12 > years ago.  All I'm thinking of blaming is the new 3.1.6 kernel.
13
14 Linux kernel 3.1.7 was just released with a fix for some kind of
15 suspend/resume problem. Maybe it's related?