From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: blank consoles after X starts
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 07:59:05
1 Jorge Martínez López wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Again, it is not working. The relevant error in /var/log/messages is:
5 >
6 > uvesafb: mode switch failed (eax=0x209, err=0)
7
8 I was always getting that one too, but other than this message, it was
9 working.
10
11 I switched from uvesafb to vesafb at some point (to have the boot splash
12 enabled right at boot without any delay). If you're on x86 or AMD64 you
13 might want to try that one (compile in-kernel, not as module).
14
15 Personally, I don't see a reason to use uvesafb on PCs.